Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Got back in to the swing of things

Today I got back into the workout.  1 hour of Krav followed by about 45 minutes of CF.  Since I can’t currently join the level 2 CF which follows my Krav, I made up my own routine.  Not sure if it was easier.  It took about 21 – 22 minutes to complete 3 full rounds.  Here is what I did.  10 push ups, 20 sit ups, 20 box jumps, run around the complex with 20 pounds of weights over my head and finally, attach the punching bag first with form then for power.

Given that I was running solo on this, I felt I put in a good effort.  There were times that I needed to pause in the activities, and on the runs, sometimes they were walks and even then I found it difficult to keep the weights over my head all the time.  I kept pushing though.  I can’t drop the weight off of me if I do the lightweight stuff.  The goals don’t change.  If I want a change, I need to do it.  The change won’t just happen on its own.

On the positive side, I did eat differently for lunch and I think that helped.  I had soup and salad; not too filling but enough so I could work throughout the day without hunger and Uncle Pukie was no where in sight.   I did need a small snack near the end of the day, so I had some granola/trail mix.  It was not gussied up with addition sugar or other coatings.  It was mostly just nuts and raisins.   When I got home, I had some juice (apple and cranberry), salad, tortilla with a little cheese, beans and some ground turkey (very little).  I also had some pasta, meatballs and sauce.  And LOTS of beverages, 2 or 3 glasses of sun tea, 2 cans of diet grapefruit soda, 3 glasses of water. I slosh when I walk.  However, silly me… I forgot to take a water bottle in to the gym.  My bad. probably why I was so thirsty.

I was unable to do any workouts on Thursday or Saturday so I am a little behind.  However, I was given an opportunity to weight myself.   Scales lie.  Not in the way you might be thinking.  The one I was on Thursday showed me at 250.  Sorry but I simply don’t believe that.  When I had a chance to weigh myself at my house, with my regular scale, I was back to 260.  So which one to believe?  Personally I am sticking with the one that was at 260.  It may or may not be accuracy but it is consistent.  That is important.

I am still reading The Zone.  I know a lot of CF’ers like to follow the Zone principles, but I need to do a full reading of the book first before I go forward with that.  I ‘ll get to it.

That’s it for today.  I shouldn’t hurt too much but I will feel something.

Until next time!

[Via http://kiserchronicles.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment