Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Closer to the Big Day

As I get closer to the day of the Chicago Marathon, and am tapering down my runs, I’m really trying to put together my mental plan of action.  This sport of running really requires as much mental fitness as it does physical fitness.  I’m working on visualizing the course, and most importantly visualizing myself crossing the finish line.  Tiger Woods visualizes the ball going into the cup when he gets ready to putt.  There is definitely something to that exercise!  Here is a quote that I wanted to share that kind of ties into this. 

“The miracle isn’t that I finished. The miracle is that I had the courage to start.”

-John Bingham, running speaker and writer

I believe having the courage to start and visualizing yourself crossing the finish line will help you achieve your attainable goals.  What a great feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment