Sunday, December 20, 2009

Benefits of just swings and get ups

Three weeks into the Kettlebell inc challenge and I’m feeling the benefit even though I have not always had time to complete it. When I introduced an 8kg weight back into the TGU earlier this week I only managed a few and my form wobbled. But persistance paid off and am now managing half and half ,10 with weight, 10 without- not because I can’t lift but because I’m trying to train my body to keep form even with the weight. My get ups are now smoother and I am hoping to move up a weight sometime towards the end of December.

As I’m doing less with the TGU, I’m pushing the swings. I’ve used 16kg consistently(20kg and 24kg on one day) and am managing 200-300 swings per session. Today I moved up to 20kg and managed 10 sets of 20 swings easily. If I can get to the gym this week (only 16kg and 12kg at home) I’ll continue with the 20kg. This is a big improvement.

Even though my diet has been awful due to Christmas festivities and general lack of will power I’ve lost weight and my shape is more defined. I’m hardly out of breath after 20 swings and barely breaking sweat, even with the bigger weight, I think I’ll add more swings next week.  Despite its simplicty this challenge is having a really positive effect on my levels of fitness and strength. Onwards and upwards…

[Via http://kettlebellqueen.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment