Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My Tuesday ramblings

The last week or so, I’ve been hearing a lot of wildlife in the morning as I get my bike out of the garage and get mounted up to leave.   Coyote’s are pretty common, with an occasional appearance of the great horned owl that lives over on the ridge.  The other morning, though, the turkeys were making quite a bit of noise.  Not just the scratches and clucks that we usually hear, but lots of outright gobbling.  I knew there was a pretty good flock out in the woods behind the subdivision, but we hadn’t seen more than one or two at a time lately.  That is, until Sunday morning….when we saw ten of them up in the subdivision!

Wild Turkeys

Pam and I had a real good run this morning.  About half-way through our 5K, I commented to Pam that it was really nice to be out running and not being overly cold.  It seems like it’s been abnormally cold for this time of year, so to get a morning above freezing was nice. 

After running, I ended up making some adjustments to what I had planned to wear on the bike this morning.  When I looked at the temperature on Weather.com’s mobile edition, it said 32 degrees.  Based on that, I had originally planned to wear my cycling tights and a pair of outer pants.  Our backyard thermometer read 36 degrees, and it felt at least that warm if not warmer while we were running so I decided to forgo the outer layer.  Not a good move….I was kind of chilly most of the way to work, and my feet got cold through my booties.  I think my feet would have been warmer had I keep my core warmer with that second pair of pants.  Oh well.  You win some and lose some.

The little traffic I did see.....

I did notice that there was hardly any traffic this morning.  I guess enough people are already taking off for Christmas that I almost felt like I had the roads to myself.  It’s a shame I had to drive yesterday for an appointment.  It was probably about the same then.  Hopefully the storms they’re predicting will hold off and let me get in another commute by bike tomorrow. 

God bless….

TW

 

[Via http://springfieldcyclist.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment