Sunday, February 7, 2010

3:45 or better.

I am powerless over the effects of running.  The feelings of strength and power. Accomplishments and fitness.  Satisfaction and euphoria.  Pride.

It takes me to a happy mental place.  A place where oblivion and reality can coincide and I am free to think about anything… or nothing.  I can fly. Or soar.  I can slog and drag too.  But usually, I just run… Wherever.  Whenever.

Yesterday 10 miles.  Today 6.2 miles.

Each run bringing me a little closer towards that next marathon.  With a little heart.  A take no prisoners attitude.  And that happy mental place, I think this runner girl has a shot at running a good race…

3:45 or better.

“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” ~ C.S. Lewis

“Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as you mind lets you. What you believe, you can achieve.” ~ Mary Kay Ash

[Via http://gristwoo.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment