Thursday, February 4, 2010

WGOL

So, I had yet ANOTHER crazy binge last night (that make the third one this week) and it took me awhile to realize that I am PMSing. After much thought and internet searching, I decided to start tracking my PMS symptoms, but then I realized that what I really wanted was to track my emotional eating. Cause y’all, when I have an emotion, I eat. A lot. And sometimes I don’t even realize what’s going on until it’s too late (like last night when I had 3 bowls of tortilla soup. THREE bowls. Yeah it was good and yeah I was hungry, but come on! Three? Crazy.), so I used my very limited mad spreadsheet skillz to make a logsheet where I could track what was happening on a day to day basis.  I didn’t want to make it to complicated, but there are a few key things that needed to be included for me to get a good idea of what’s going on. Oh, that’s the title of my spreadsheet: the What’s Going On Log (WGOL). So anyway, here’s what I have included on my WGOL (pronounced woggle):

  • Where I am in my cycle
  • how many hours I slept last night
  • how much exercise I did
  • how much water
  • any digestive issues (you all know how important this is to me!)
  • and finally, what’s going on with 1) my marriage, 2) my kids, 3) work, and 4) anything else.

 

If I can remember to fill this out every day I think it will really help me figure out WHY I am overeating and eventually HOW I can head off those binges before they start.  I’d like to get a few month’s worth of data and then see if there are any trends.  I think this will be an interesting experiment.  Is there anything that maybe I should add to this? I want to keep it simple, but I don’t want to leave off anything that might be helpful.

Have a great day!  :)

[Via http://thesassypear.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment