Thursday, February 11, 2010

It could have been worse, I suppose

So, I had my first week of weight gain since starting.  However, it was only .4lbs.  It could have been a lot worse.  This was a bad week (from a fitness standpoint).  Thursday and Friday were fine – my normal fitness routine and eating healthily.  Then it went downhill.  Saturday morning, Eric Dunlop was in town with his wife Christie.  The two of them, Jason and Heather, and I met at Mongol’s in Westwood for lunch.  To try to not go way overboard in calories, I skipped breakfast.  Then I didn’t eat until around 6PM between the dress rehearsal and concert.  I had chips and salsa, tacos, and a beer.  After the concert I had some little meatballs and a large glass of wine.  I also never had time to do my normal exercise routine.

Luckily the next day was… the Super Bowl… Yeah, that was even worse.  I went to my cousin’s place and had a lot of unhealthy party foods.  They were delicious!  I also had three beers.  That morning I at least worked out my arms and abs.  That night, Michelle and I slept for three hours (terrible for weight loss).

At 8am on Monday morning, Michelle and I met with the Rabbi who will be officiating our wedding.  Monday was a really long day.  After the meeting, I had work, and then two rehearsals at UCLA.  I did not work out.

I finally got back on track Tuesday and Wednesday.  I was pleasantly surprised at the weigh-in to find that I only gained .4lbs.  After over-eating, junk food, sleep deprivation, large infrequent meals, beer, wine, and not working out, it could have been worse.

[Via http://drumfool.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment