Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Be The Best You Can Be. By Dan & Jennifer Polimino.

People often look at magazines or see someone on TV and say to themselves, “I want to look like that. “ Like the guy on the cover of Muscle & Fitness or the girl on the cover of Shape magazine, for example. The reality is most people don’t and won’t look like that.

We don’t mean to put a damper on hopes, wishes and dreams, but genetics won’t let you be someone else. They will, however, let you be the best you can be. For example, I (Dan) am short-waisted and whenever I gain weight it goes right around my belly button. I wish I had a long torso like the guy on the cover of the LL Bean catalog, but that’s not what my parents gave me. Yes, I can minimize fat on my stomach. Yes, I can have six-pack abs. And yes, I can strive to be the best my body will allow me to be. But let’s face it; I am never going to look like one of those Muscle & Fitness guys.

One of the biggest problems between trainers and clients is false expectations. Most trainers are struggling to get by so they tell their clients what the clients want to hear to entice them to sign up for personal training sessions. What trainers should tell their clients is that this relationship is really a 50/50 proposition. Meaning that the trainers will teach you everything you need to know to be successful, but you must hold up your end of the bargain and execute the plan. Like we always tell clients when they’re thinking about signing up with Paradigm Fitness: “We’ll lead you to water, but you must drink.” And more importantly, we’ll help you be the best Sara Smith or the best Bob Jones you can, just probably not the next Arnold Schwarzenegger or Denise Austin.

Most of us have a lot of untapped potential, though, so why not focus on that. To learn how to be your best, contact us at support@greatshapeup.com. And remember: Never stop trying.

Book Dan Polimino to speak at your next meeting or event today. For program information contact us at info@BookDan.com, visit http://www.BookDan.com or call 303-683-4795.

[Via http://danpolimino.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment