Thursday, March 11, 2010

Mixed Bag - Links for you.

We’ll see if I can make this a regular feature.  Here are some interesting links I’ve found recently:

1.  A New York Times “Well” blog post by Tara Parker Pope titled “Six Meaningless Claims on Food Labels.”

2.  Fed Up: School Lunch Project - A public school teacher who is fed up with students who can’t pay attention after their high carb, high fat school lunches is eating school lunch for a year and blogging a picture every day.

3.  Nicholas Sparks and Miley Cyrus are working together. From USA Today. Sounds like a big pile of puke to me.  I love this quote because it’s so ridiculous that he thinks he’s somehow better than romance writers:

“I don’t write romance novels.” His preferred terminology: “Love stories — it’s a very different genre. I would be rejected if I submitted any of my novels as romance novels.”

4.  The Help is being adapted to film.  From Variety.  I’m reserving judgement for now.

5.  Reese Witherspoon, Christoph Waltz, and Robert Pattinson will be starring in the screen adaptation of Water for Elephants. From MTV.  One of these things doesn’t belong here, and it’s not Reese or Christoph.  This is another movie I’m nervous about.  Leave my favorite books alone!

6.  Hilary Duff has a book deal with Simon & Schuster.  It can’t be worse than Lauren Conrad, I guess.

[Via http://bookishlyfabulous.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment