Tuesday, March 16, 2010

IHRSA

What a weekend. The IHRSA convention in San Diego was the equivalent as Christmas for a 10-year-old. Everything from 150 pound dumbbells, to  multi axis stationary bikes. My original plan was to only get information and fliers from the booths I would be interested in because I did not want to carry a bag heavier than me, but I had to move to plan-B as soon as I saw the plethora of booths. I wanted to get as many samples, information, and ideas as possible. First, the X-Force had a creative new concept to add 40% of the lifting weight during the concentric phase of the lift. I do not know the price ranges on the machines but they did not look cheap in the slightest. Also, a rotating wall climbing machine was something that I wish every gym had. The pegs that went into the wall could be placed anywhere making the climb easy for beginners or impossible for people who have been climbing for years. Not only were the machines impressive, but the samples were extraordinarily amazing. Met-Rx by far was the hands down winner for the best tasting and largest variety of pre/post workout foods. Everything worth knowing about the fitness world was at the conference and I realized how little I know about the industry and how much I need to learn. Although the conference seemed a little overwhelming with the various methods ranging from weight loss, general fitness, group exercise, and power lifting I know exactly the path I want to pave for myself as soon as I graduate.

[Via http://bosufitness3.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment