Saturday, March 6, 2010

Lunch Ideas - BBQ Burger

I just got home from the gym on Saturday afternoon and I desperately want a big lunch, but I know that I’m going out tonight with some friends, and a big lunch coupled with going out tonight would kill any sort of progress I made today.  I’m probably going to end up making a little sandwich and munching on a couple carrots, but I checked around to dig out a good healthy lunch recipe that might actually trick your appetite into thinking you ate a lot.

Ingredients:

  • Veggie Burger Patty (Let’s face it, I’m not eating a veggie patty either, but it is the healthier option)
  • Whole wheat bun
  • Tablespoon of BBQ sauce (Again, which sauce you choose can impact the healthiness of the meal, so choose wisely)
  • 1/2 Avocado (You can do 1/4 of some sort of melon here, depending on what you think about weird fruits)
  • 4-6 Oz of Pineapple (I ALWAYS have a little bit of cottage cheese with my pineapple. Don’t judge me.)

Directions:

Cook the patty in the microwave, dollop the BBQ sauce on the burger, cut up the avacodo and away you go.  I’m thinking its about a 10 minute prep time lunch that will make you feel like you actually ate something more than a granola bar and still be healthy.

***************************************************************************************************

Do you have a good, healthy recipe for any meal of the day? Put it in an email and I’ll post it here for all of TeamSlim to taste.  We’re all in this together, and since we all have to eat, let’s get some good food going.

[Via http://teamslim.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment