Sunday, March 14, 2010

Damn Right It's A Beautiful Day

36,500 days in your life, if you live to 100 years of age. When you think about the sum of that number, it’s not a lot. Putting it into financial terms, you could buy a decent car or truck for that much, it’s a down payment on a house (albeit a small down payment), it could pay for a year of college at a higher end university.

Yet, with this limited time, we spend most of it allowing the challenges we each face daily to override the beauty that this life offers. All too frequently we ignore, or fail to notice, the sheer simplicity of the birds singing, the blooms on the trees, shrubs, and flowers, the purity of a child’s laugh, the unconditional love our pets bestow upon us, and the love from those closest to us. Each day we are given a precious gift of waking up in the morning and deciding what your path will be that day.

People have told me that it’s impossible for one person to change the world, but I’m taking a page from Alice in ‘Alice in Wonderland,’ and attempting to accomplish the impossible. Together or singularly, we can change the world, one small act at a time, as each positive act is like a ripple; it grows bigger and bigger, creating a wave. I’ve said this a million times and I realize I’m like a broken record (I, myself, have trouble following my own advice, by the way), but I’m going to keep reminding everyone (myself included) until each person in this beautiful world realizes what we’ve got before it’s gone.

As you wake up tomorrow morning, I encourage you to find the beauty that greets you, even if it’s liquid sunshine (for hose of you not privileged enough to live in Seattle, liquid sunshine is my term for rain), because as The Eels once said in their song ‘Mr. E‘s Beautiful Blues‘, ‘Goddamn right it’s a beautiful day, ahah…’

The Love of My Life

[Via http://tarasdismalnitch.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment