Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Going public.

When I first started this blog, it was only for me. I didn’t share the address with anyone, I kept comments private, and I didn’t expect to have visitors.I wanted a place to keep track of the progress I was making (or not making) in my weight loss journey. I wanted a place to keep pictures, weight records, etc.

I certainly didn’t make this to inspire or encourage anyone else. At least, not at first.

However, somewhere along the way, a few people started following, and soon I was making videos on YouTube, and sharing the link. Visitors started checking weekly, and soon I was allowing comments. I was allowing myself and my blog to be vulnerable and open.

I will hit the 20 week mark tomorrow on this journey. I am going “public” with the blog and my story. My journey. It’s not all about me anymore – I am also doing this to help you, my readers and my followers in your journey as well. I want to encourage and inspire you, I want to support you in your efforts, and keep you motivated. I want you to see I have bad days too. That I mess up, but get right back on with it. I am ready to be as open and honest and allow EVERYONE to know the truth. To know that I was once 241 pounds 20 weeks ago. I want everyone to see the success, but also see the struggle.

So very soon, Fat2FitMama.com will have a Grand Opening, and I will share my blog with all my family, my friends, my acquaintances, classmates, anybody and everyone who has been some part of my journey in the past 20 weeks. Maybe I can find some cool swag to GIVEAWAY, or have a raffle of some sort.

But today, I am mentally preparing. I am scared. I am afraid of rejection, of disgust, of shame. I am afraid that people will judge me, that someone will laugh, or crack a joke about me. I surely fear that I will get a negative comment or will end up on some joke blog, or my photos and personal info will be the point of ridicule. But isn’t that to be expected? Do we need to face such challenges in order to become stronger?

Very soon, the rest of the world will know my story thus far. Maybe someone will be encouraged or inspired by it, maybe someone else will be disgusted and make fat jokes about me. But I will still be here, working hard and making progress. I will still be heading torward the finish line, and that’s going in the right direction.

[Via http://fat2fitmama.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment