Saturday, September 19, 2009

Sometimes life gets in the way

So I have been attempting to find the time to get back in to the gym.  No dice, until today.  Over a week without going there.  Yikes.  I was able to squeeze one work out in during the past week on Sunday.  That’s it.  Pretty bad.  Still I keep weighing myself.  And since yesterday was the official weigh in day, I was….254.  Same as last week.  Not bad I figure since I have been way behind on my work outs.  What I have tried to focus on is my eating.  I have noticed that on the days that I focus on using the Zone techniques, I don’t have the 3:00 food coma. I have much more energy throughout the day.  So that is a plus.  I did weigh myself today just to see how things were going.  I am currently at 252.  Very good given that I have not really worked out in a week.

I did have an opportunity to work out today. I did Cindy.  And I did a full 6 rounds.  While that may not sound like much, it is one more exercise than I did before.  Very positive in my opinion. Now here is the funny.  My wife is taking a class so I am on Daddy day care duty.  I was determined to work out so I told them we were going to daddy’s gym.  They needed to be quiet (or play in a specific location) while I worked out.  For the most part they were really good (I should get them a treat of some sort).  At one point they started to walk around and I stated that because they were going around the gym (remember Crossfit has stuff that is moving, people, weights, etc) they owed me 10 push ups and 10 sit ups.  They didn’t move from the designated location afterwards.  Now, I also tricked my knee somehow.  It feels funny when I have my heel touch my butt.  I amo going to put some ice on it and see what happens.

OH, one more thing.  I made a dinner for my wife yesterday.  Talapia, marinated in white wine, italian seasoning, over asparagus, and fresh veggies.  She loved it and even the kids ate it.  That is a home run!!!

Until next time

Never, ever give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment