Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day 5: Legs & Back AND Ab Ripper X

I took yesterday off because Fridays have always been my day off as my husband and I, and our children always have a family night on Fridays. Therefore, no working out, no sports, just quality family time together.

I got up early this morning and got started on my workout for the day. I did the legs and back and felt fantastic. The only thing I really have to complain about today was the lack of water breaks. There really weren’t many today and considering we do not allow food or drinks in our living room, I had to pause the video to go to the kitchen and get a drink each time. I also must admit that the wall squats were not nice. They hurt horribly but the exercise that hurt the most was the calf raises! When I got to the 10 fast ones, I felt like my calves were going to cramp up. In fact at the very end of the entire video, my left calf did indeed cramp up. Maybe I need to be adding in more milk to my diet.

The ab ripper x was and always is a good workout! This one is probably my favorite workout! I just love the idea that my baby belly is working out and will eventually be gone so long as I keep pushing play and bring it!

As for my diet, as I previously stated I am following weight watchers. I have no problem with sticking to the diet and I love that I can eat whatever I want so long as I stick with my points. I did break down last night though and ate some butter popcorn while we watched some family movies together. It really wouldn’t be so difficult if my husband didn’t refuse to eat healthy or workout. If I tell him I’m making something healthy, he will won’t eat it and will eat something else. I’ve found away around that though, I am no longer telling him that something is healthy. I made chicken fajitas the other night and they were made really healthy, but I didn’t tell him that, and he ate 3 of them! Lesson learned I suppose. No more mentioning the word “healthy”.

I decided to add in my weekly dinner plan as well. Monday nights my husband has pool league so we have leftovers or frozen dinners, I have a scrapbooking night on Thursdays, so same thing on those nights as well.

Saturday: Shephards Pie & homemade biscuits

Sunday: Pot Roast with baby carrot and potatoes

Monday: leftover shephards pie

Tuesday: Beef & Noodles over mashed potatoes

Wednesday: Chicken Strips coated in shake & bake, corn on the cob & baked potatoes

Thursday: leftover beef & noodles

Friday: order in (family night, we always order in on fridays). I generally check out the nutritional values on the internet at whatever place we are going to eat at. This way I can find something reasonably healthy.

[Via http://reviewp90x.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment